Saturday, February 20, 2010

Week 8 Reflection

This course has explained to me the differences between Differentiated Instruction and Universal Design for Learning. I have learned how to incorporate technology into my instruction by making my classroom environment conducive to learning and focusing on my students and how they learn. My colleagues have been very supportive in sharing resources and providing feedback about my work. I will be using the resources to gain a deeper understanding of how I can apply this information into my own classroom. This information may be relevant to other grade levels, but I can certainly modify the information to cater to my kindergarten students. All students can be learners regardless of ability. By taking one small change that I want to make to my classroom and focusing on that change for half of a year will make me more confident of making my classroom a differentiated environment. I also realize that after this class ends, my learning about differentiated instruction will not stop. I plan on continuing to gain valuable resources and focus on how I can best differentiate my instruction.

One immediate change that I am currently making in my classroom is analyzing my students and really focusing on how they learn best. I have gotten some additional children in my classroom and have had to do the same thing with these students, but knowing a little less about them. I have set up some interest profiles that have been simplified for kindergarten, which give me more information about how they learn best and their interests. I am hoping that I can take this information and use it at the beginning of the school year. I believe that my instruction should mirror my students.

No comments:

Post a Comment